Sunday, August 28, 2011

Month Two

Ellie finished two months outside the womb on Thursday, and I'd say she's doing a great job so far! She passes with flying colors :) With a smile like this, how could she not?!

Matt and I are so in love with her. She is a pretty mellow baby. Yes, she does fuss a little when she's hungry or tired, but overall she's wonderful to be around! She's growing so quickly!

Some of the developments so far in her life include:

At two months she weighs 11lbs 6oz (50th percentile) and she is 22.5 inches long (50th percentile). She is growing great!
Talking - she coos all the time. I love it when she tells me stories.
Smiling - she has a beautiful smile and will smile for just about anyone, except probably the nurses. After her shots today, I don't blame her!
Sitting up - if we prop her up slightly in her boppy she tries so hard to sit straight up. When I put her in the car in her car seat she tries to pull herself forward; she's just excited to see life! But she is doing an excellent job learning to support her head. She can pretty much do it all on her own, with a little bit of bobbing around. I told Matt we have our own life size bobble head doll. :)

Rolling - we're working on this. She can roll from her back to her side. And she's rolled from her tummy to her back once, BUT she had the help of having her arm under her.

She's also recently discovered her hands and chews on them all the time. She drools like crazy. I think my favorite thing is that she appears to recognize Matt and me. When family was here and would hold her she would watch us walk around. It gives me some satisfaction knowing she recognizes her parents! And, I think she is like her mama and likes to dance...or just be in that upright position. But last Friday I was dancing with her and tried to set her down and she complained.  It's especially sweet when she dances with her daddy :)

Ok, I know everyone really just cares to see pictures of babies, so here is her two month photo shoot:


Two months old!









**I'll try to figure out collages to avoid these long posts... Sorry!**

2 comments:

Nick & Dana said...

Hahaha your own real life bobble head thats soo funny. Her pictures are sooo cute!! I want your camera so bad. Can u tell me which one it is and send me a link to it? Illhave to start researching and convincing nick now so i get it for christmas and in time for baby!

RitanSands said...

you can go on picnik.com to do free collages, or you can get a membership for cheap for super cool ones. cindy has a membership and loves it, but i do the free one and i'm satisfied for the most part.