Monday, September 6, 2010

Where in the World: Hawaii

Our first vacation together was to Oahu, Hawaii. Already one month ago. It was SO beautiful! And such a wonderful break escape... from Matt's work (I didn't have a job at the time, so really I wasn't taking a break from something).
At Pearl Harbor
Polynesian Culture Center
 We had a lot of fun. We went to Pearl Harbor, took a tour around downtown Honolulu, swam with sharks (yes, I actually swam with sharks!), went to North Shore, jumped off the famous jumping rock (ok, only Matt did this), Polynesian Culture Center, Laie Temple, lots of fun hole-in-the-wall stores, Dole Plantation, snorkeling, and hiking!

The whole time we were there Matt was trying to think of ways we could move there. Once we left, I think, he finally gave up on that idea. We decided we need a place where we can vacation to that's paradise. But how awesome would it be to walk outside your house and be at the beach? Or have perfect weather all year round? I'm pretty sure that is something I could get used to.

And now that Fall has started to arrive here in Washington, I really wish I could go back. Summers here in the Northwest, just don't cut it. And what's worse, Fall comes about a month earlier than what I'm used to. Sweatshirts in August?! That's just absurd.
August 2010

1 comment:

Nick & Dana said...

ugggh already sweatshirts!? crazy. it's blazing here still. man i love hawaii hahah i would want to move there too! nick and i need to go :)