Friday, May 10, 2013

Motherhood

I originally had this post titled Parenthood, but with Mother's Day this weekend and rocking my sweet girl to sleep I changed my thoughts and reflections to being a mother rather than a parent. Being a mom is hard.

Most of the time I'm just ok at it.

Some days, like this past Tuesday, I really stink at it. (A certain baby may have fallen off the couch...)

In need of my help and I take the picture first instead.

And occasionally I'm hoping my kids think I'm great at it.
Picnic at the park with mom.
But every night I get the chance to rock my sweet children to sleep and I can't help but feel so blessed to have them in my life. I have two of the sweetest angels who are patient as I'm learning, who love me unconditionally. Being a mom is overwhelming when they look at you with their perfectly trusting, beautiful, eyes. But there is nothing else I would rather do or be. This Mother's Day I'll most likely wake up at 5 or 6 because my babies love to be up early, but I will have a smile on my face because they are greatest thing that has ever happened to me.


1 comment:

Dana J said...

You are a perfect mother!! I feel like there is more than one "perfect mom". Some mom's may not capture the sweet, funny, moments of their kids like you do. Some mom's may wake up at 8, instead of five. some mom's may feed their kids mcdonalds every once in awhile, but we are all perfect in our own way. There can be so many different definitons of a perfect mom, but I'd say you, in your own way, are the perfect mom!! And Jack and Ellie are so lucky to have you! :)