Monday, July 11, 2011

Grateful

I've never been in the hospital or had some kind of really bad illness or accident that made it so I need to rely on others. That was until a couple of weeks ago when Ellie came. It's amazing how wonderful so many people have been in checking up on us (a special thanks to our fabulous friends the Davis'!) and providing meals and gifts for us. I've been truly humbled and grateful for the people in our life.

I'm especially grateful for my friend Emily who has and is willing to give advice, answer questions, or help in any way (like with the baby's first bath!). It's great that she and her husband have gone through this with their own son just a few months before us!

I'm thankful for my sister who lets me text her nonstop all day with baby questions! So nice to have someone so close go through it before me! I love my sister and can't wait till she comes out in a few weeks to see her new niece!

And I'm especially grateful for my mom who took time out of her busy schedule to come be with us. I'm glad the baby came before she left too! I was so sad to see my mom leave. Spending all day together for over a week was wonderful and made me miss Utah and being close to family even more. My mom was, and continues to be, a tremendous help and support as I go through this new process. I'm very grateful for her in my life.


3 comments:

Cavanaughs said...

Such a cute picture of the three of you!

Nick & Dana said...

Cute pictures. I love how bashful Ellie looks in the first one with mom she's like smiling and covering her eye. haha Such a cutie! Being a mom really does make you grateful for a lot of things.. thanks for letting me still bug you even though you are really busy now with Ellie! I don't know what i'd do with out you:D

Emily Davis said...

Oh, thanks, Lu! I'm more than happy to help!