Monday, September 13, 2010

i LOVE running.

Those are 3 words I thought I'd never say. But as soon as I started running this morning that was all I could think! By the time the 15th minute came along I was debating it, but when I pushed through for another 15 minutes that feeling of accomplishment came, and I felt great again.

I don't really like running, because I kind of find it boring and hard work. But I like the burn, sweat, and pain that come while running. That feeling that I know I'm burning calories makes me happy. The extra energy right at the end, when you think you can't go anymore, is awesome. Knowing I can make it through a half hour of running - no stopping - is even better than losing 20 pounds. Being sore because I run, makes me satisfied.

So, now I'm trying to get my sister hooked and we are setting our goal high and going to run a 5K. (Ok, we don't like to run, so that kind of is setting high expectations for us :). Neither of us have ever run a race, so it'll definitely be a new experience. And I'm hoping it won't kill my new found love of running. But just make me work even harder.
our "thought of running" faces

3 comments:

Nick & Dana said...

hahahaha as soon as i saw the title and pic of this post i was like.. oh man, this is going to be about me. and i'm going to feel lazy and fat and like i can't do it. hahah maybe we should knock it down to a 3k?? huh? hahah jk, i can do it! now i have to since you already TOLD everyone! hahaha jk love you!! thanks for the motivation.. imma get started right now.. well, maybe tonight..

p.s. will we be running this in washington or oklahoma?? ;) i vote washington!

MWalser said...

The funny thing is that I made Lu go running with me and she complained and whined...

But I'm glad she likes it! She is much more consistent than I am.

Ben and Raquel said...

you guys are so funny! i miss lu lu and danamals! can you guys post about your training, so i know what to do. i want to train for a race too!